Moog Sound Addiction

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
Mooger5

Post by Mooger5 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:44 pm

This is my favourite Mini sound: the lead line in Kraftwerk´s The Model. There must be a lot of tape compression there, as it sounds hot. Other things like the volume pedal and what seems like tape flutter also contribute to the sound´s beautiful expression. Tough to replicate with Arturia´s Minimoog V or Gmedia´s Minimonsta.

http://www.sharebigfile.com/file/63555/ ... d-wav.html

Wait 30 seconds before downloading.

Edpojo17

Post by Edpojo17 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:27 pm

museslave

Post by museslave » Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:37 am

I don't mean to be rude, but I couldn't disagree with your point more than I currently do. I think you've used shoddy reasoning, and I don't think you have any experience with the device at all.
www.youtube.com/user/automaticgainsay
www.myspace.com/automaticgainsay2
www.myspace.com/godfreyscordialmusic

Elhardt

Post by Elhardt » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:57 am

MC wrote:There is a lot of truth to Kevin's article. Jitter *is* one of the reasons that Moog VCOs sound the way they do.

There was a big discussion over on AH over that issue, with Ken Elhardt stubbornly refusing to accept facts established long ago by the engineering profession. Elhardt is not an engineer by profession and he made false conclusions using inferior equipment and inadequate research. Elhardt may be a brilliant synthesist and photoshop artist, but he ruined his integrity with that discussion.

I found this by accident doing a google search. This statement above is a bunch of crap. Since too often people don't bother to come back to an old thread like this, I'm going to start a new thread exposing the lies of Kevin Lightner and MC. Look for a new thread titled something like "KL and MC on Moog VCO Jitter - Facts vs Lies".

-Elhardt

electrical_engineer_gEEk

Post by electrical_engineer_gEEk » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:34 am

Lets see your credentials Elhardt? I mean if you are gunna call someone a liar you gotta back it up with some info.....i'm not going to believe you just because you say so....

soo...lets hear it!

(this was all said in a playful manner btw....not really accusatory)
:)

electrical_engineer_gEEk

Post by electrical_engineer_gEEk » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:36 am

oops...didn't see that there actually WAS a new post!
:oops:

rico1980

Moog Sound Addition

Post by rico1980 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:06 pm

Museslave wrote:
Does anyone here have an ARP 2600?
Museslave - Sorry I missed this post a while back. I don't know how I overlooked it. I know this was an older topic in this thread but if you're still interested, I do have a 2600. I got it about a year ago and think it's fantastic.

I did pay a lot for it, so unfortunately I've contributed to the synth's skyrocketing prices. But it's been such a blast to play, that I think it's been worth it. But that's obviously debatable.

I'm not an expert on the 2600 by any means but if you still have questions about it, fire away.

Rick